Friday, November 18, 2011

Movember 2011

It's every pervert and weirdo's favorite time of the year. Half of the men in Canada grow moustaches in support and solidarity of prostate cancer and it's impossible to tell the difference between a MoBro and a paedophile. Huzzah!

2009 Movember Couple of the Year
Picture from the Edmonton Journal
This is my fourth year participating in Movember and I'm going back to my original facial hair expression: The Handlebars. Hmmm, I wonder if it's any coincidence that Christina decided to take off for three weeks this month? She is missing out - I make this look good - or according to my boss...Everyday I look more and more like I am from Saskatchewan.

Of course all the moustache stuff is for fun but it also has a serious message to it.

On Movember 1st, guys register at Movember.com with a clean-shaven face.

For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery and raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts.

Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November. Through their actions and words, they raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health while their fundraising efforts go towards prostate cancer research.

To track the progress of my Moustache you can go here and while you are there you might as well donate.


So far it is coming in nicely with the cold weather - and yes I am from Saskatchewan. Next year Riders....

Memories of Moustaches past.
2010 - The duster and the tickler.
2009 - It's Business Time
2008 - The Original Gangster stache and his niece Claire not scared to wear pink.

BTW - Blogger says this is my 150th post. Yeah me?!

1 comment:

Operella said...

That's Hawt.