Monday, October 10, 2011

Go Fly a Kite!

This spring, while killing time in a Winners while Christina shopped, I came across a kite in the toy section and on a whim decided to buy it. It sat in the trunk of my car for months till a few weeks back I convinced Christina to join me at Hawrelak Park and give flying a kite a go.
The wind would come in bursts where it would catch the kite nicely, other times I would have to help the kite stay aloft by running with it and creating my own wind.
Christina was a little unsure at first but after watching me run around like an idiot keeping it aloft she decided to give it a try. She was a natural and ended up really enjoying it.
I would definitely recommend picking up a kite somewhere and keeping it in your trunk for an inexpensive (~$10)  fun time.

1 comment:

SK said...

$10 well spent. Haven't flown a kite yet this year. Guess I should keep one in my trunk. -Stephanie