Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Client Appreciation

I was lucky enough to receive an invite to a client appreciation night a few weeks back by Delnor Construction. In my new world of employment I am eager to meet and greet as many folks in the industry as I can so I made a point of marking it in my calendar. It didn't take long though and I forgot about it.  When my calendar alarm went off a few days before the event I realized I never RSVP'd and had missed the deadline by a week. Undeterred , I decided to send an email to the contact person. They were extremely gracious in re-assuring me that they could definitely accommodate me and my tardy ways.

I arrived a little past the 'beginning' of the social and was a little peeved that the parking lot of the Royal Mayfair was already full. I grumpily accepted that I would have to drive and find a spot at the neighbouring Hawrelak park. As it began to rain during my walk to the event I started having second thoughts about attending but I continued on.  When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly face, great food and free drinks at the bar. Needless to say, I was now happy.

I mingled through the room for awhile and met some great people, including quite a few project managers and a great coordinator from Delnor Construction. Eventually, one of the Partners from the firm got up to the mike and graciously thanked everyone for coming. At this point, I was engaged in a discussion with a woman regarding the durability requirements of affordable housing so I wasn't really listening to attentively to the speaker. However, my ears perked up when I heard my name announced. I had won the door prize. Stunned, I waved to the crowd and thanked the host unsure of what I had won.

Well, it turns out that I won a NEW 55 INCH 3D TELEVISION. Holy Crap.

As I drive a Civic there was no way I was going to get that puppy home so they are dropping it off at work for me this week.  Obviously, I was overjoyed to receive anything let alone a new tv, but that wasn't it. On the way out they gave all guests a customized set of headphones and i-tunes gift certificate.



So being that they gave me all of this - I feel its the least I can do but thank them and pop up their logo on my personal soapbox read by literally the most prestigious dozen or so people on-line.

Thank you Delnor Construction. Hey everybody, go build something with them!



No comments: