Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fishing

After living at the lake and being able to go fishing at any time for a large portion of my life I have not gone fishing at all for about 4 years. Thankfully Christina's brother took pity on me and took me out a couple of times this summer at Amesk lake. It is a remarkably deep (140ft) yet narrow lake about 1.5 hours North East of Edmonton. Other than the depth it is a traditional prairie lake with the usual fish: Pike, Pickeral, Perch...

Being on the water in a boat again felt great. Generally, I am an inpatient guy that cannot sit still for more than 2 minutes. However, if you get a fishing rod in my hand I am usually content to do absolutely nothing for hours on end.
 I got lucky and landed a couple of fish. Nothing big enough to brag about as you can see here.
 Big thanks to Alex and Christina for taking me fishing.


No comments: