Thursday, February 03, 2011

Bullriding

A couple weeks back I got free tickets to the PBR bullriding competition at Rexall place here in Edmonton. I haven't been to a proper rodeo since I was young and I don't really have any memory of it.

I quite like the archetype of cowboys and my current urban living and office working lifestyle seems terribly effeminate in comparison. Watching men harass large animals somehow really appeals to me. Plus, I am a sucker for cowgirls and their tight fitting jeans.

 Bucked off. This guy bit it hard.
 Getting a good action shot was difficult from my seat as I'm an idiot when it comes to shutter speed settings.
A couple videos for your viewing pleasure.
A quick buck off.

One of my favorite parts of the event was watching the bulls after the ride. Some went straight back through the chute, others hung around being generally badass.


No comments: