Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Movember

For the last three years I have taken part in the prostate cancer awareness and fundraiser called Movember. It's a simple premise - over the course of November I grow a mustache and get people to sponsor my mustache with the money raised going to prostate cancer research.

Scary stats time
  • 1 in 4 Canadians will die from cancer.
  • 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
  • A man is 35% more likely to develop prostate cancer than a woman is to develop breast cancer
At the end of the month there is a giant gala party where you are encouraged to dress to your 'Mo'. It's like a less slutty Halloween party.

 In 2008, I went as a 1970's manly man.

In 2009, Christina joined me and we went as a French couple. We were nominated and won the prize for best "Mo Couple" that year.
 
Here's one of my favorite shots with one of the Mo Hero's that brought Movember to Edmonton - Mr. Mike Miller.

2010's mustache is coming along nicely. I'm going with the same style as last year for my intended costume, which is of course secret till the end.

Day 7 of the stache. No need for sleaves when you're rocking a sweet stache.

Day 16 - Naked from the lip down chilling with Spiderman.

 To donate to my mustache follow the link. http://ca.movember.com/mospace/23207/
Thanks

No comments: