Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2010 Olympics Appreciation Rally

It's been a couple of busy days at work as I've been working overtime to finish a couple of projects with end of Q1 deliverables.  I did manage to take lunch off today and head down to Churchill Square (City Hall) for the Edmonton 2010 Olympic & Paralympic athletes appreciation rally.

I'm horrible at estimating crowd size but I think there was probably about 600 people assembled. I snapped some pictures below.


Work folks checking out the action - from left to right. Michelle, Mike, Chris, Lindsays knees and hands


The parade of athletes through the square and in front of the new Art Gallery of Alberta



It's only a matter of time before there is a citizens revolt and Kevin Martin is proclaimed Mayor.


I would vote for him - We are both NAIT alumni - we stick together

No comments: